Wednesday, May 14, 2008

The Gypsy mother who forced her daughter of 13 to marry a 14-year-old boy dismissed British values as irrelevant to her

Renata Gural said she was unconcerned by the outrage over the teenagers' Romany wedding ceremony at a pub in East London. Mrs Gural, 31, who is pregnant with her sixth child, said: "I'm not bothered what anyone thinks. I'll be the one who decides if my daughter is old enough to marry. I got married when I was 14 in such a ceremony and it hasn't done me any harm. Just because I live in Britain doesn't mean I've got to behave the way you lot think is right. I'll live my life the way I want and that includes the way I bring up my kids. I don't care what the neighbours think, or social services. It's not my problem people around here don't understand our culture and values."

No comments: